Breaking News
Politics

Israel Rejects UK Rebuke Over E1 Tender, Accuses Britain of One-Sided Policy

Israel's Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar rebuked UK Foreign Secretary Ed Miliband's criticism of E1 tenders, deeming it one-sided.

Content type: Breaking NewsSource: TPS

Jerusalem, 20 August, 2026 (TPS-IL) — Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar on Thursday rejected British Foreign Secretary Ed Miliband’s criticism of Israel’s publication of a tender for construction in the E1 area of Judea and Samaria, calling his remarks “one-sided” and saying Israel would defend its rights and interests.

“I reject outright the statement of the UK Foreign Secretary and the patronising tone of his words,” Sa’ar wrote on X.

Sa’ar said the Jewish people have the right to live throughout the Land of Israel, citing the Balfour Declaration’s recognition of the Jewish people’s historic right to a national home in the region.

He said no new decision had been made regarding development in E1, noting that the decision was taken in 2025 and that the tender process has been underway for several months.

Miliband called the tender for 1,200 homes an “unacceptable and destructive act” and urged Israel to retract it.